The 11th Force Support Squadron has long been a leader in developing programs for Air Force personnel and their families. 11th Force Support Squadron is dedicated to providing quality programs and activities to members of the military population. These programs can provide a variety of opportunities to showcase your merchandise while developing product awareness and brand loyalty. 11th Force Support Squadron Marketing Office can facilitate your direct access to the military market and offer a solid return on investment.
Sponsorship is either solicited or unsolicited. Solicited sponsorships are initiated through public advertising by Services for offers of sponsorship with more detailed, formal contracting or procurement procedures. Unsolicited sponsorships are initiated by a vendor with a general interest or specific offer for a particular event or program.
Commercial Sponsorship is the outside corporate underwriting of FSS Services & Activities events via money, goods, and/or services or a combination of the three in exchange for stipulated marketing, public relations, and merchandising campaigns. It is a means for corporations to communicate with target markets through the use of special events that involve audiences, spectators, or participants in recreational or cultural pursuits.
With both types of commercial sponsorship, disclaimers must be announced or posted on all written/printed material stating that the Air Force does not officially endorse the sponsor's name, products, or services.
With commercial sponsorship in today's military, companies have another vehicle to reach their target markets. This marketing strategy complements a company's sales promotion, advertising, and public relations efforts.
As part of this strategy, commercial sponsorship costs are shown under a company's advertising and promotion accounts, not under corporate contributions, which are gifts and donations. Corporations which provide gifts, donations and contributions may not receive public recognition or endorsement from the Air Force.
Other benefits of the commercial sponsorship program include:
• Direct access to the hard-to-reach military market through programs or events
• Maximum exposure and visibility for your products or services through name and logo recognition, product sampling, and passive promotional displays
• Event title recognition in official base publications and other publicity materials
• Direct mail and couponing benefits
• Possible off-base promotions and corporate advertising benefits
• Air Force-wide sponsorship opportunities
• Recognition in news releases and other publicity materials
• Opportunity to sponsor Services events on an annual basis